Searching for ALPHA: The Quest for Exceptional Investment Performance by Ben Warwick
eBook Title: Searching for ALPHA: The Quest for Exceptional Investment Performance
Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 5, 2000)
Category: Business & Money
Size ePub vers.: 1459 kb
Size PDF vers.: 1268 kb
Other formats: cb7, odf, pdf, azw, ibooks, mobi
- 1268 downloads at 25 mb/s
- 1459 downloads at 21 mb/s
Can anyone win the investing game? Considering the small number of mutual funds that produce market-beating returns, the task may seem nearly impossible. Even so, there remains an elite group of investment professionals who manage to produce market-beating returns, year after year. What is their edge?
Their edge is defined as alpha-which represents the portion of an investment fund's return that is generated solely by the skills of the portfolio manager. Investors, traders, and speculators alike have searched for a dependable source of alpha for as long as there have been financial markets.
How much of this search is art, and how much is science? The answer to this and other questions can be found within this provocative and highly entertaining book. Some of the topics covered in Searching for Alpha include:
* The three reasons why the mutual fund industry will always underperform the overall stock market
* How to profit from the idiosyncrasies of human behavior
* What the waxing-and-waning tendency of oil wells can tell us about the impact of technology on the investment management industry
* The profit potential of value stocks for the next decade