The Screenwriting Formula: Why It Works and How To Use It by Rob Tobin
eBook Title: The Screenwriting Formula: Why It Works and How To Use It
Publisher: Writer's Digest Books; 2nd edition (September 21, 2007)
Size ePub vers.: 1448 kb
Size PDF vers.: 1384 kb
Other formats: cb7, odf, pdf, azw, ibooks, mobi
- 1384 downloads at 25 mb/s
- 1448 downloads at 21 mb/s
Make the Hollywood Formula Work for You
As a screenwriter, you have a difficult task even after the script is complete: You have to break into Hollywood. Rob Tobin, who has read thousands of screenplays in his job as a script reader and development executive, has developed the formula to get a script from page to production - and he's sharing it with you!
The Screenwriting Formula is not just about how to write a killer screenplay - it also explains the structure that movie executives are looking for, as well as how to transform an idea into a fully-loaded script, packed with action and ready to go. You'll learn how to:
- Use the seven basic story elements to instantly grab an audience's attention and, more importantly, keep it
- Develop character and plot in new ways through creating a backstory and telling both the objective and subjective story
- Structure your script so that it gets noticed by movie makers
- Craft a winning logline that will ensure a good pitch
Plus, to help illustrate the formula, Tobin develops a story from beginning to end, showing you step-by-step how to make the most of this exclusive trade secret.
With The Screenwriting Formula, you have everything you need to take you from idea to the big screen.