The Facts on File Companion to American Poetry (Facts on File Companion to Literature) by Burt Kimmelman
eBook Title: The Facts on File Companion to American Poetry (Facts on File Companion to Literature)
Publisher: Facts on File; 1 edition (October 1, 2007)
Category: Literature & Fiction
Subcategory: History & Criticism
Size ePub vers.: 1512 kb
Size PDF vers.: 1626 kb
Other formats: cb7, odf, pdf, azw, ibooks, mobi
- 1626 downloads at 25 mb/s
The Facts On File Companion to American Poetry is a new and indispensable encyclopedic guide to American poetry with more than 1,100 entries, ranging in length from 500 to more than 3,500 words. Intended for high school and college students, this invaluable resource explores the various writers, works, themes, and movements of this intriguing literary genre.
Volume 1 contains entirely new material, including new entries on poems, and extensive, new coverage on poets before 1900. Volume 2 is a revised and updated edition of The Facts On File Companion to 20th-Century American Poetry, with more than 100 new entries added on important poems and recent poets. Appendixes include a general bibliography and a list of winners for major poetry prizes.
- Poets, representing a range of styles, influences, and ethnicities, from the Puritan period to today's avant-garde and from the most widely studied and anthologized to the obscure but influential
- Major poems
- Important literary schools and movements in American poetry, including Abolitionist, Transcendentalist, Romantic, Beat, Imagist, Fugitive, Black Mountain, Deep Image, Objectivist, Language, and others
- Influential periodicals, critical essays, and poetry collections
- Major poetry awards and societies.